Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Micro-Agression experience

I dont think that i've ever experienced a micro-aggression that has upset me very much, however i've always been asked a certain question several times by people. Because i was born in Australia and lived in London i tell people im either English or Australian (or both) because those are the places i connect to the most and where my family lives. However, i have Spanish and Argentine heritage and that is why i have dark hair and olive skin (typical Spaniard/ Argentine). People have asked me where im from and ill tell them Australia or England and there have been times when they've have said, 'you dont look Australian or English' or something like 'you have really dark hair, where are you from?'. It doesn't offend me usually but sometimes people can word their questions very rudely and in some cases it can really hurt ones feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment